The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is a confidential service for people who would like information, help or who wish to comment about any aspect of the services provided at the hospital. The PALS officer provides the opportunity for you to raise in confidence any issues and comments that you have about the care and service you receive from staff. PALS help the hospital to improve its services for patients.
PALS offers support, information and help to patients, their families and visitors. They can help you to sort out your issues by speaking on your behalf to anyone involved in your care, or the care of your relative or friend.
PALS will not speak to anyone about your concerns unless they have your permission to do so.
The service offered by PALS is informal, impartial and confidential.
- Act as a listener to help resolve issues that are concerning you
- Provide advice and information to help you access other NHS and Local services
- Advise and support you, your family, visitors and carers
- Listen to your suggestions, queries and concerns
- Help sort out problems on your behalf
- Provide advice on how to make a formal complaint
- We can also advise you if you would like to become more directly involved in improving your hospital.
Who can use PALS?
Patients, carers relatives, visitors, NHS Staff and community organisations
We would like to hear your views and comments about how we could improve our services.
We can also advise you if you would like to become more directly involved in the development of our services. We are keen to involve patients and relatives in this way.
We can help you to sort out any problems or concerns you may have about our services, particularly if you have been unable to resolve these by speaking to the staff caring for you on the ward or in the outpatient clinic.
You can contact the PALS officer via:
Darent Valley Hospital,
Darenth Wood Road,
Kent ,DA2 8DA.