I am an experienced Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Darent Valley Hospital in Kent with overall experience of 28 years in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I am also an Honorary Consultant at the Assisted Reproductive Unit at Guy’s Hospital, London.
I completed my training in general Obstetrics and Gynaecology in various UK hospitals with formal specialist training and accredition in:
1. Subfertility and Assisted Conception
2. Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic Surgery
3. Gynaecological Ultrasound
4. Early Pregnancy Complications
I have developed special expertise in infertility, assisted conception, laparoscopic and pelvic reconstructive surgery. I perform most of my hysterctomies laparoscopically or vaginally. I introduced follicle tracking ultrasound for patients undergoing ovulation induction, Antral Follicle Count (AFC) scan as a test of fertility potential and HyCoSy ultrasound for tubal patency of infertility patients at Darent Valley Hospital. I do 3D and 4D ultrasound for congenital uterine abnormalities as well as fibroids in infertility patients.
I am the lead for Medical Education at my unit where I lead an active teaching programme for doctors and medical students. In addition, I have a special interest in research and have published in peer reviewed medical journals. I run several training workshops for doctors and midwives in perineal suturing, pelvic ultrasound and laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy.
My MD thesis looked at the urodynamic changes in urinary bladder function after abdominal and vaginal hysterectomies.
MB BCh, MSc, DFFP, MD, FRCOG
* Member of the British Fertility Society (BFS)
* Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
* Member of Medical Defence Union (MDU)
* Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
* Member of the British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
* GMC: Full Registration, Specialist Register (Obstetrics & Gynaecolgy)