Maternity services are situated in the west wing of Darent Valley Hospital in a purpose built area on the third floor offering a full range of antenatal, intrapartum / labour and postnatal care.
Self referral - having your baby at Darent Valley Hospital
To book your pregnancy care you do NOT need a referral from your GP. You can complete our online self referral form and refer yourself directly to the hospital. Depending on your pregnancy and individual circumstances, you can choose to have your baby in our Midwifery Led Unit, on our Labour Ward, or at home.
If you would like to take a tour of maternity services then please view our ‘virtual’ (video) tour (unfortunately we do not offer physical tours). This ‘tour’ covers all the main antenatal / maternity units and is narrated by two of our midwives who will guide and advise you throughout. The video last around 12 minutes and can be viewed as many times as you like. There is also a virtual map on how to find the wards/units, a ‘staff you might meet’ guide and links to all our patient information leaflets.
For visiting times & information leaflets please visit the relevant sections of the website.
Maternity Service Liaison Committee
We need you! Maternity Service Liaison Committee:
- Calling all new mothers/parents would you like to be instrumental in shaping the future of YOUR local maternity services.
- You are warmly invited to DVH MSLC.
- North Kent Maternity Services Liaison Committee Meeting
- The group consists of parents lay members and health professionals
- The group meet quarterly to discuss and shape the future of your maternity services within Dartford and Gravesham.
- Please email for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends and Family Test Surveys
Would you recommend our maternity services to friends and family?
The NHS friends and family test is an important opportunity for you to provide feedback on the care and treatment you receive and to improve services. We would be very interested to hear your views on our maternity service.