The department of Genito-urinary medicine at Darent Valley Hospital is located on level 2 east wing and is well sign posted. We provide an appointment only system and you will be offered an appointment to be seen within 48 hours if appropriate.
Appointments can be made by telephoning 01322 428740 during opening hours.
Confidentiality is important both to you and the department, no information held within the clinic can be accessed from other areas of the hospital and we will not contact outside agencies eg your GP without your informed consent.
The department offers
- Both doctor and nurse led clinics, there is provision for you to be seen by either a male/female doctor or nurse who will screen you for any sexually transmitted infections and provide treatment at the consultation should it be indicated.
- Telephone information and advice via the Health Advisor or any other member of staff.
- HIV counselling and testing is available, the results are usually within 7 days.
- Emergency contraception and condoms with information and advice plus the offer of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B if required.
- Doctors and lead nurses will see under 16 year olds to access their needs.
- The clinic is governed by national guidelines in relation to treatment for sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS which ensures equity of treatment and care.
Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)
We operate a sexual assault referral centre, this centre is for both males and females who can self refer, this facility is also used by the Kent Police, however should you not wish to have any Police involvement your wishes will be respected.
Chaperones are provided for all female patients, if males wish to have a chaperone please indicate this when booking in at reception.
Males are advised not to pass urine for between 2 to 4 hours prior to appointment time.